Hiring Organization / Company: Clarkson University
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
- Answer phones, e-mails, and other correspondence in a highly utilized and fast-paced office environment
- Welcome, triage and serve as first point of contact for all office visitors including faculty, staff, students, international partners, and employers
- Provide general assistance for Career & International offices and/or Student Affairs Division
- Oversee front desk operations, arranging coverage when necessary
Event & Marketing Assistance
- Assist with marketing and logistics for International Center and Career Center events, providing support as needed including room reservations, placing catering orders, room set-up, etc.
- Assist with set-up / support for group meetings, webinars and internet-based meetings
- Organize and assist with student check-in and logistics for events
- Coordinate the sending of communications, marketing collateral, etc. to partners
- Create digital and print marketing materials for Career and International Centers
Inventory & Office Support
- Maintain a monthly review of all office, promotional, and marketing materials both print and online
- Work with CIC teams to coordinate office/front end operations and procedural efficiencies/best practices
- Maintain & order supplies for CIC suite
- Work with outsourced providers for copier and other online / software products
- Assist with budgets – handling incoming and outgoing invoices, internal transfers, deposits, etc.
- Serve in a ‘back-up’ capacity as ‘Designated School Official’ (DSO) for document signature & general data updates
- Manage scheduling and coordination of student employees including: task delegation, front desk and event coverage scheduling, student timecards
- Coordinate monthly operations plan with CIC staff members
Technical, Reporting & Data Entry
- Manage data entry, reports and account maintenance information in respective CRM systems including; approval of job postings, employers and student accounts, incoming exchange applications and acceptance process, partner information/contracts
- Assist with maintenance of web resources and intranet updates
- Enter and track compliance data for outgoing students on international experiences
- Assist with annual surveys for CIC operations as needed
- Performance of above duties require you to be at work
- Assists with other projects, administrative duties, and initiatives as assigned
Experience, and SkillsMinimum Qualifications
- HS degree and at least 3 years of prior customer service skills
- Experience/interest in working with students
- Data entry, scheduling, and front-end/office experience
- Experience providing customer service in-person, via email and over the phone
Experience, and SkillsPreferred Qualifications
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- Prior experience in customer service in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Experience entering and approving data in an online CRM system
- Experience leading front end operations for multiple offices
Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, bend and stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Clarkson is committed to complying with the guidelines set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions for this Posting
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Clarkson actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women and people with disabilities.
All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully passing a background check (including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal records).
Maximum Number of Reference Requests
Minimum Number of Reference Requests
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location Information:
Location: Potsdam, Ny 13699
Date Posted: 2021-04-08
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately searching for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is likely one of the hardest jobs this present day. Generally, you are going to have no clue where or what to search for in the job market. The good factor is that you’re not by yourself. There are a number of folks in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a business center will also be simple if you recognize where to start out. Before you begin your job looking procedure, here are guidelines to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an improbable and frequently overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms repeatedly provide essential training, property, and methods for process seekers. Those corporations can also be particularly helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little operating enjoy. A easy Web scan for job firms to your areamust uncover where and learn how to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms choose to have their positions dispatched by temporal companies. The top function for that is to save cash on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise supply corporations the way in which of screening candidates. Employment services can frequently be a sooner and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise transform into a long-lasting job for the individuals who perform smartly during their operating.
3. Free job look services
It is a waste of cash while cash is now tight within the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.