Hiring Organization / Company: Harpercollins Publishers
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
HarperCollins Children’s Books is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the Publicity, Conferences & Conventions team on all day to day activities in a fun, creative and fast-paced department. This role works with all members of the team on the day to day functions that make the department run smoothly.
- Schedules all departmental meetings, secure conference rooms, and serve as communication liaison between departments
- Sets agendas and circulates information for a variety of regular meetings
- Maintains year-long calendar for entire department
- Processes all invoices for team with appropriate budget codes, rectifies all purchases on departmental purchase card, and processes expense reports for entire team
Facilitates review copy process including:
- responding to and mailing out review copy requests
- pulling reviewer list reports for team members
- printing and shipping publication slips, labels and packages
- arranging all mailings through our outside mailing center and warehouse
- distribute and log reviews as they come in
- Compiles information from entire department for campaign alert emails, bestseller lists, and seasonal roundups and handles distributions
- Organizes and updates various distribution lists, internal databases and directories.
- Creates and/or revise PowerPoint presentation decks and Excel spreadsheets for team meetings as needed
- Maintains in-house storage for Publicity, Conferences & Conventions team and maintains office and mailing supplies inventory
- Welcomes guests by greeting them, in person/phone; answers or directs inquiries.
- Makes travel arrangements, coordinating flights, accommodations, and other itinerary specifics
- Maintains internal processes and systems and ensure all necessary functions are appropriately covered
- Handles other tasks and assignments as assigned by manager
- College degree or equivalent work experience required
- 1-2+ years’ work experience assisting someone in a management position and large team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle competing priorities
- Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Must have strong problem solving skills
- Must enjoy maintaining schedules and organization to keep the Publicity, Conferences & Conventions team on-track
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required
- Must have strong computer skills, including PC familiarity and knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
This role is currently based out of New York, New York. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins is an equal opportunity employer.
Our recruitment team will review all applications submitted through www.harpercollins.com/careers. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This role will be taken down when we are no longer accepting new applicants
Job Location Information:
City: New York
Location: New York, Ny 10007
Date Posted: 2021-04-07
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about searching for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs these days. Normally, you are going to haven’t any clue where or what to search for in the job market. The great factor is that you’re not on your own. There are a few other people available in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a industrial center can also be simple if you already know the place to start. Before you begin your job looking procedure, here are guidelines that can assist you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an implausible and regularly overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms often provide essential coaching, assets, and systems for task seekers. Those corporations will also be in particular useful for young job seekers or those with little running revel in. A easy Internet test for job firms on your areashould discover where and learn how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms choose to have their positions dispatched via temporal agencies. The top purpose for that may be to save money on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise supply corporations the way of screening candidates. Employment services can often be a sooner and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise turn out to be into a long-lasting process for the individuals who perform smartly during their operating.
3. Free job look services and products
This is a waste of money whilst money is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.