Hiring Organization / Company: University Of Rochester
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Psychiatry SMH Ambulatory Svcs
8 AM-4:30 PM
With direction and some latitude for independent judgment, provides administrative assistance to General Ambulatory Senior Leadership. Serves as principal assistant to General Ambulatory Director and General Ambulatory Clinical Coordinator as well as some administrative support for other therapist, nurses, psychiatrist, and NP’s. Manages specialized support functions; Performs routine and non-routine duties, requiring advanced secretarial skills. Is responsible for considerable program administrative details and duties requiring extensive experience with policies, procedures and practices of the University, or within Psychiatry, or in other demonstrated and related equivalent situations. In department business matters has frequent contacts with clinical staff, faculty members, students and leadership. Is responsible for assignment and the review of the day-to-day operations.
Subscribes to the Department’s goal of creating a culturally competent environment by treating patients, patient’s families, trainees, research subjects and co-workers in a sensitive and caring manner with appropriate attention to cultural differences.
Supervision and Direction Received:
Reports directly to the Director of General Ambulatory
- Administrative/Secretarial Responsibilities (45%)
- With general guidance as to priorities, manages the time and calendar of General Ambulatory Director and Clinical Coordinator, choosing or recommending among competing demands on time and demonstration the ability to prioritize.
- Assists Leadership in preparing for various meetings and projects.
- Arrange and maintain travel itineraries, conference/travel requests, vouchers, and expense reports, payment requests.
- Coordinates annual conference and other special events as needed
- Coordinates the clerical and other support services of the Director and Clinical Coordinator.
- Performs duties including but not limited to; triage of calls and visits, maintaining files and ordering/maintaining of office supplies, arranging travel and other accommodations.
- Typing of routine and non-routine correspondence.
- Clinic Support (40%)
- Coordinate onboarding of new staff/faculty and assists with orientation, etc.
- Facilitate New Hire equipment, orientation, and check list for General Ambulatory.
- Arranges access to all needed software systems for new staff/faculty and troubleshoots system access issues for all staff/faculty as needed.
- Help to organize the orientation every year for all new staff and maintain and update the orientation note book every year for all incoming new staff, including, residents, psychology interns and Family therapist – General Ambulatory Quick Reference notebook.
- Assist with new staff with ordering pager, nameplate, business cards, set up telephone voicemail, access to psych shared drive, add to psych all distribution list, phone list staff finder and e-mail list.
- Facilitate Equipment and Supplies
- Work with contracted vendors to obtain quotes for equipment, supplies and capital purchases requested by leadership.
- Maintains supply inventories by placing orders timely and accurately from approved vendor lists.
- Facilitate Service requests
- Request interpreters for all of the staff in General Ambulatory and for the DWC staff for meetings
- Request swipe access for all doors at the hospital and off site location
- Place service calls for shred bins as needed.
- Coordination of pest control issues.
- Liaison with Xerox to help trouble shoot copier malfunctions and communicate respective vendors.
- Point person for Facilities / Environmental needs.
- Coordinate Health update, flu shot clinic, fire drill plan, and maintain Emergency Response Folder.
- Manages logistics for office moves and manages office equipment including copiers, telephones, computers.
- Maintain High Risk Patient list and Maintenance Track patient list.
- Print and distribute 30 – day list every week for all of the staff in General Ambulatory, Lazos and DWC.
- Print and distribute Units of Service list every month for all of the staff in General Ambulatory, Lazos and DWC.
- Plan and direct the work of volunteers or students. And other duties as assigned by the Director and Clinical Coordinator.
- Maintain Master Transition Schedule and add it to the s-drive for clinicians.
- Assist leadership with preparations for regulatory site-visits.
- Special projects from General Ambulatory leadership as required.
- Coordinate onboarding of new staff/faculty and assists with orientation, etc.
- Communication (15%)
- Handles time sensitive confidential information, direct communication with the Director and Clinical Coordinator.
- Relays the Director’s or Clinical Coordinator’s instructions, preferences and concerns, and obtaining reports or recommendations. Assures that Program, Department and / or Hospital officials and others concerned are informed of decisions.
- Plans and establishes meetings, conference symposia etc., and coordinates the arrangements and preparation of program literature, brochures and other materials.
College graduate or an equivalent combination of education and experience. 1 year of relevant administrative experience.
Strong knowledge and skill in the use of computer based systems required. Excellent organization, communication skills and attention to detail required. Demonstrates ability to function independently and effectively, with minimal direction within a diverse workplace. Experience in University Hospital settings helpful.
Job Location Information:
Location: Rochester, Ny
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about searching for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs at the moment. Usually, you will don’t have any clue the place or what to search for within the job market. The good thing is that you are not on your own. There are a few other people out there who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center can also be simple if you already know the place to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, here are pointers that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an unbelievable and recurrently overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms regularly provide vital coaching, belongings, and systems for process seekers. These firms may also be in particular helpful for younger job seekers or the ones with little running experience. A easy Web experiment for job firms for your areamust uncover the place and get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations make a choice to have their positions dispatched via temporal companies. The tip purpose for that may be to save cash on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give firms the way of screening candidates. Employment services can regularly be a faster and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise grow to be into a long-lasting activity for the individuals who perform smartly during their operating.
3. Free job look services
It is a waste of cash when money is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.