Hiring Organization / Company: Strategic Security Corp
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Strategic Security (SSC) is a nationwide leading provider of security guard services, executive protection, bomb dog, intelligence, consulting, investigative services. SSC has an immediate job opportunity for an Executive Protection Officer paying $31.00/hr, you will be responsible for conducting armed protection of our client. The position is a high level, professional, suit and tie, Executive Protection role, wherein, the ideal candidate can maintain a good rapport with clientele, as well as a professional experience providing physical protection on their property as well as throughout daily travel and routine, and all other security duties required.
In addition to providing physical security, this role will require additional duties. These duties include:
- Engage by being proactive, examples below.
- Proactively scan for potential threats stemming from criminal activity or life safety issues.
- Proactively seek out and develop rapport with customers by assessing what is important to them and addressing it
- Proactively stay current with the latest information as it pertain to your site and area that may include but not limited to: crime trends, terrorist threats, area shops, restaurants and attractions, including brand profiles, merchandise collections, promotions and current news.
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms or calls police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits. May be required to utilize hand held wands or walk through magnetometers.
- Prevent individuals from theft of company or personal property
- Investigate and prepares reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities; maintain written logs as required by the post
- Liaison with local law enforcement
- Share that information with customers or any of above when interactions with them require it
- Guide customers to their destinations or available open lines or other key points of interest
- Anticipate and answer customer inquiries. Know you job and local area.
- Facilitate various guest services, including transportation and area attraction inquiries.
- Troubleshoot customer issues, concerns, or complaints; relay pertinent information to management
- Ensure job site area with your area of control is clean and professional at all times.
- Assist with basic first aid
- Make emergency notifications.
- Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle
Strategic Security (SSC) is a security provider for the United States Government, private organizations such as fortune 500 companies, solar and wind farms, oil and gas companies, banks, medical facilities, factories, warehouses, distribution centers, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of Strategic Security (SSC), you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
Strategic Security Corp. Employees are also entitled to the following perks of employment:
- Various discounts and access to exclusive deals with our corporate affiliates and partnerships including cell phone data plans, home goods and travel / entertainment
- Weekly pay periods
- Flexible scheduling (as available and will vary by location, management and company needs)
Strategic Security (SSC) offers job security with many of our jobs resulting in full time employment, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States.
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Pass a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
- Pass and possess a State Licensed Armed Security Guard Card / License if required by your State / City / Locality
- Pass and Possess all applicable firearms permits required to carry a firearm if required by your State / City / Locality
Verifiable work history if previously employed and must possess one or more of the following:
- Graduate of an accredited high school or a Certificate of Completion of General Education Development requirements; and meet one of the following experience / education requirements:
- Five (5) years of security experience within past ten years; or five years (5) years civilian and / or military work experience or three (3) years of law enforcement or public safety experience.
- Ability to follow orders
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Must have demonstrated ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Must be warm, engaging, charismatic; and possess a natural ability to develop rapport with others in an authentic and sincere manner
- Must practice good judgment; high level of integrity
- Must be proactive; take initiative with minimal supervision
- Must be resourceful; think critically and finds solutions even without the obvious resources
- Must be able to navigate challenging situations while remaining positive
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
About The Company
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Strategic Security (SSC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (888) SSC-RISK.
Job Location Information:
Location: Manhattan, Ny 10001
Date Posted: 2021-05-04
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about looking for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is likely one of the hardest jobs nowadays. Typically, you’re going to don’t have any clue where or what to search for within the job market. The good factor is that you’re not alone. There are a number of folks in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a business center will also be easy if you recognize where to start out. Before you begin your job searching procedure, here are pointers that will help you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an unbelievable and recurrently overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms usually supply essential coaching, property, and techniques for job seekers. These firms will also be in particular useful for younger job seekers or those with little operating experience. A easy Internet test for job firms to your areashould discover where and how one can get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies make a selection to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The top goal for that is to save cash on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise provide companies the best way of screening applicants. Employment services can commonly be a quicker and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn out to be into a long-lasting activity for the individuals who perform well all the way through their working.
3. Free job look services
This is a waste of cash while cash is now tight within the first place. After all, the cash you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.