Hiring Organization / Company: The New School
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Reporting to the Senior Director of Graduate Admission for The New School, the Assistant Director will manage the day-to-day communication activities for the Parsons graduate and associate programs as well as represent The New School’s full range of graduate degree program offerings at recruitment events on and off campus. To achieve enrollment goals, the successful individual will work closely with faculty, administrators, current and prospective students at Parsons School of Design. This position will assist in all phases of the recruitment/admissions process.
This position is based at our NYC campus and requires extensive travel throughout the United States, and potential for international travel as planned. The incumbent must be flexible to work weekends and evenings during high travel season and other high volume admission times. The New School is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and particularly seeks applications from members of underrepresented groups, as well as candidates who share this commitment.
- Represents Parsons as well as The New School graduate programs in a full range of recruitment and admission activities and special events both on and off campus
- Interview and counsel students on admission requirements and provide basic financial aid and scholarship information to prospective student and families
- Oversee the processing, scheduling, and review of admission applications for assigned graduate school(s) within Parsons School of Design.
- Liaise with graduate academic programs regarding the review, recruitment and outreach activities for their academic disciplines.
- Oversight and lead of an essential team operation. With consideration for the candidate’s background, these projects may include: the management of the graduate-wide travel recruitment plan, the supervision of student employees, and/or the planning and writing of student-facing communications.
- Application file review for graduate degree applications
- Create hiring plans for efficient onboarding and use of busy season temp staff as needed (for file reading and travel)
- Participate as Parsons graduate team strategist for innovative event planning on- and off-campus; information sessions, National Portfolio Day, Open House, online chats and webinars, FaceBook Live and Admitted Student Days.
- Execute and analyze reports to assess effectiveness of admission rating policies and procedures and resulting merit awards
- Collaborates with the Senior Director of Graduate Admission to implement recruitment strategies, and conduct relevant planning initiatives for recruitment and outreach
- Management of projects as assigned by the Senior Director of Graduate Admission
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in admissions
- Demonstrated computer knowledge/skills such as MS Office
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite programs is desired
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong professional, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel
- Saturday and evening hours are required
- Master’s degree
- BANNER, Slate experience desirable
- Art background or previous experience working in art/design field or admissions
Job Location Information:
City: New York
Location: New York, Ny 10011
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you’ll agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs in this day and age. Most often, you are going to don’t have any clue where or what to look for in the job market. The good factor is that you are not alone. There are several folks in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a business center may also be simple if you understand where to start. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed below are guidelines that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an incredible and often lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms repeatedly supply essential training, assets, and systems for job seekers. Those corporations may also be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or those with little working experience. A easy Internet experiment for job firms on your areamust uncover where and find out how to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies choose to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal agencies. The end objective for that may be to economize on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise provide corporations the way in which of screening applicants. Employment services and products can repeatedly be a faster and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise change into into a long-lasting activity for the people who carry out smartly all over their running.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of money whilst money is now tight within the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.