Hiring Organization / Company: Children & Family Services, Office Of
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in this title or in a title eligible for 70.1 or 52.6 transfer.
This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility.
Supervise staff, develop and process contracts under which OCFS obtains services, responsibility for procurement, evaluation, and monitoring of contracts associated with various program contracts.
Additional duties will be discussed in detail during the interview.
Background Investigation Requirements:
1) All prospective employees will be investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC), which includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application, may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees.
2) All prospective employees will be screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees will be required to pay any necessary fees.
3) For Division of Juvenile Justice and Opportunities for Youth (DJJOY) prospective appointees will be checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. OCFS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. OCFS is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for persons with disabilities and workplace diversity. It is the policy of OCFS to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the position for which they are applying or for which they are employed. OCFS does not discriminate on the basis of disability in its hiring or employment practices and complies with all regulations promulgated by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission under title I of the ADA.
Job Location Information:
Location: Rensselaer, Ny 12144
Date Posted: 2021-04-07
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you are going to agree that it is one of the toughest jobs at the present time. In most cases, you will don’t have any clue the place or what to look for within the job market. The good thing is that you’re not by yourself. There are a number of people in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a commercial center will also be simple if you understand the place to begin. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed below are guidelines that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an improbable and regularly overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms repeatedly supply vital coaching, belongings, and systems for activity seekers. Those companies may also be particularly useful for young job seekers or the ones with little operating enjoy. A easy Web experiment for job firms for your areaought to discover the place and the way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations choose to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal agencies. The end purpose for that may be to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise provide companies the way of screening candidates. Employment products and services can frequently be a faster and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise become into an enduring task for the people who perform neatly all over their working.
3. Free job look services
This is a waste of cash when cash is now tight in the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.