Hiring Organization / Company: W.w. Norton & Company, Inc.
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
W. W. Norton is seeking an Ebook Production Assistant to join its College Department. This is a collaborative team that handles all ebook operations in the company, including production, distribution, content management, and archiving. This role assists the Ebook Department with the development of higher-education digital textbooks; manages the production of college ebooks; maintains conversion schedules and follows up with affiliate publishers and Norton production staff on time-sensitive projects; updates department databases with the latest production information; and occasionally assists the Digital Content and Distribution operations with ebook quality assurance and distributions to e-retailers.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
Track ebook production schedules in collaboration with the distribution coordinator and ebook department manager, ensuring adherence to sensitive dates.
- Route instructions and files to/from outsourcing vendors, answering vendor queries.
- Turn over ebook content for QA and distribution.
- Communicate with Norton production and editorial staff for the timely delivery of ebook production materials.
- Liaise with Norton affiliate publishers who produce/distribute ebooks through our Ebook Department, and keep clients abreast of their project statuses.
- Make routine corrections to existing ebook files and help keep ebook distribution and archiving operations up-to-date.
- Occasionally assist the ebook distribution manager in tracking and distributing ebooks through our online distribution hub and help document the steps in database tracking.
- Assist the department manager in routine tasks.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
1-2 years of ebook production or other web technology experience desired, though not required.
- Must be highly organized, disciplined, and self-motivated in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills in a position that can at times demand collaboration across several different departments.
- Must have good time management skills and be capable of prioritizing among responsibilities, activities, and side projects.
- Must be self-directed and independent.
- Must be detail-oriented, making sure that all aspects of the daily activities are handled with accuracy and minimal mistakes.
- Must have a demonstrated interest in the challenges and opportunities of an ever-changing and quickly evolving publishing industry.
- Must be able to work standard business hours from Norton’s NYC headquarter office. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are temporarily providing employees the option to work remotely.
- Employment eligibility to work with W.W. Norton & Company in the US is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Working knowledge of HTML, XML, and CSS highly desired.
- Current knowledge of ebook formats (EPUB 3 in particular) highly desired.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign and Photoshop a plus.
- Proficiency with database and project management systems like FileMaker Pro, JIRA, and Confluence a plus.
- Experience managing large volumes of files and maintaining version control a plus.
From: W.W. Norton & Company, Inc.
Job Location Information:
City: New York
Location: New York, Ny 10110
Date Posted: 2021-04-07
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about searching for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs in this day and age. Normally, you’re going to have no clue the place or what to search for in the job market. The good thing is that you’re not on your own. There are a few folks available in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a business center can be simple if you know where to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed here are guidelines to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an unbelievable and usually overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms regularly provide essential training, assets, and methods for task seekers. These firms will also be particularly useful for young job seekers or the ones with little running enjoy. A simple Internet experiment for job firms for your areaought to discover the place and methods to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations choose to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The end purpose for that may be to save cash on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise give companies the best way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can frequently be a faster and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn out to be into a long-lasting process for the people who carry out smartly all the way through their operating.
3. Free job look services
This is a waste of cash whilst money is now tight within the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.