Hiring Organization / Company: Selfhelp
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Join an amazing team that is just missing one member- YOU!
- Competitive wages of $15 hourly
- Jobs in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx
- Immediate work in your preferred areas
- Full-time & Part-time
- Flexible hours based upon your availability and needs
- Paid travel between cases
- Union Membership (DC 1707, Local 389)
- Holiday rates
- Bereavement pay
- Free annual medical exam
- Free Uniform
Job Summary: To provide quality care to client in the client's home as specified by the patient care plan in compliance with universal precautions and according to the established policies, procedures and objectives of the organization. Home Health Aide aide is a Certified HHA under Department of Health guidelines. A Home Health Aide has the responsibility of reporting client-related issues and changes to the home care agency as soon as the issue is identified.
Job Responsibilities: Home Health Aide shall include the performance of nutritional and environmental support functions including cleaning, shopping, laundry and meal prep as well as home health aide functions as outlined below.
Performs home health aide functions including some or total assistance with the following:
- Performs personal care functions including some or total assistance with the following:
- bathing of patient in the bed, the tub or in the shower;
- grooming, including care of hair, shaving and ordinary care of the nails teeth and mouth;
- toileting; this may include assisting the patient on and off the bed-pan commode or toilet
- walking, beyond that provided by durable medical equipment within the home and outside the home;
- transferring from bed to chair or wheelchair;
- preparing of meals in accordance with modified diets, including low sugar, low fat, low salt and low residue diets;
- administration of medication by the patient, including prompting the patient as to time, identifying the medication for the patient, bringing the medication and any necessary supplies or equipment to the patient, opening the container for the patient, positioning the patient for medication and administration, disposing of used supplies and materials and storing the medication properly;
- providing routine skin care;
- Using medical supplies and equipment such as walkers and wheelchairs; and
- changing of simple dressings
- Performs and documents direct client care delivery as specified on the care plan.
- Observes, records and reports information about client’s condition and home environment.
- Recognizes emergencies and follows agency procedures appropriately.
- Complies with agency confidential policies; demonstrates and understanding of patients rights and maintains respect for patient privacy and personal property.
- Documents hours worked by utilizing electronic time and attendance system (and submits duty sheets when warranted).
Education and/or Experience: No prior experience necessary but must be trained to be a New York State Certified Home Health Aide.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, sit, climb, balance, taste or smell The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Job Location Information:
City: New York
Location: New York, Ny
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you will agree that it is without doubt one of the toughest jobs nowadays. Normally, you’ll haven’t any clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The good thing is that you are not on your own. There are a couple of other people available in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center may also be simple if you already know where to begin. Before you start your job searching procedure, here are guidelines that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an improbable and commonly lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms commonly provide very important coaching, property, and systems for task seekers. These companies may also be specifically useful for younger job seekers or those with little working experience. A easy Web experiment for job firms in your areashould uncover the place and tips on how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations make a choice to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The tip function for that may be to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise supply firms the way in which of screening candidates. Employment services can recurrently be a faster and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise grow to be into a long lasting process for the individuals who perform neatly during their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of cash while cash is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.