Hiring Organization / Company: Nyc Health + Hospitals
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
About NYC Health + Hospitals
NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan is the community hospital of choice for residents of East Harlem, northern Manhattan, and neighboring communities. The hospital provides culturally-sensitive care in a welcoming and hospitable setting, emphasizing primary care medicine and utilizing the latest advances in medical science. Metropolitan delivers high quality health services with compassion, dignity, and respect to all, without exception. Since its founding in 1875, the hospital has been affiliated with New York Medical College, representing the oldest partnership between a hospital and a private medical school in the United States. Metropolitan is a part of the NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest municipal hospital and health care system in the country.
- Informs patient of hospital rates; performs in-depth interviews with patients, families, relatives and friends in an office setting or the hospital, during field investigations, and/or by telephone to determine patients’ and/or legally responsible relatives’ ability to pay for services rendered.
- Contacts outside agencies, organizations, insurance carriers and employers to obtain necessary information about potential sources of revenue.
- Acts as liaison with social services and home care agencies.
- Refers patients to various hospital departments and outside agencies, such as Medicaid, New York State Unemployment Insurance, Social Security and Public Assistance for possible benefits.
- Facilities processing of patients’ applications for third party benefits, including but not limited to Medicaid and Medicare.
- Ensure compliance with payer rules and regulations.
- Perform routine follow-up on outstanding insurance balances.
- Review payer denials and underpayments and work to resolution.
- Complete claims for review and processing by the Supervisor.
- Refer accounts requiring escalation to supervisor in a timely manner.
1. A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university; or
2. Graduation from a Senior High School or a High School Equivalency Diploma; and
3. Four (4) years of experience in interviewing, casework or a related field preferably in a hospital or health care facility setting; or
4. A satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
How To Apply
Please be advised that proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire.
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Job Location Information:
City: New York
Location: New York, Ny
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you will agree that it is one of the toughest jobs in this day and age. Generally, you will haven’t any clue where or what to search for in the job market. The good factor is that you are not alone. There are a few people out there who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a business center may also be simple if you recognize where to start. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed below are tips that can assist you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an improbable and commonly overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms recurrently provide crucial training, belongings, and methods for task seekers. These corporations will also be in particular useful for young job seekers or those with little working enjoy. A easy Internet test for job firms in your areaought to discover the place and find out how to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations make a choice to have their positions dispatched through temporal agencies. The end purpose for that is to save money on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise supply corporations the way in which of screening candidates. Employment products and services can commonly be a sooner and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise grow to be into a long-lasting job for the individuals who carry out neatly all through their working.
3. Free job look services and products
This is a waste of money whilst money is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.