Hiring Organization / Company: Nyc Health + Hospitals
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
About NYC Health + Hospitals
NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan is the community hospital of choice for residents of East Harlem, northern Manhattan, and neighboring communities. The hospital provides culturally-sensitive care in a welcoming and hospitable setting, emphasizing primary care medicine and utilizing the latest advances in medical science. Metropolitan delivers high quality health services with compassion, dignity, and respect to all, without exception. Since its founding in 1875, the hospital has been affiliated with New York Medical College, representing the oldest partnership between a hospital and a private medical school in the United States. Metropolitan is a part of the NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest municipal hospital and health care system in the country.
Under direct supervision, conducts investigations to determine ability of patients and their legally responsible relatives to pay hospital charges; explores alternative sources for payments for hospital services rendered; codes, verifies and modifies demographic and insurance data obtained from source documents onto coding forms for later entry into
computerized system; performs billings and collections functions in order to obtain maximization of hospital’s revenue; performs related work.
Examples of Typical Tasks:
1. Informs patient of hospital rates; performs in-depth interviews with patients, families, relatives and friends in an office setting or the hospital, during field investigations, and/or by telephone to determine patients’ and/or legally responsible relatives’ ability to pay for services rendered.
2. Contacts outside agencies, organizations, insurance carriers and employers to obtain necessary information about potential sources of revenue.
3. Acts as liaison with social services and home care agencies.
4. Refers patients to various hospital departments and outside agencies, such as Medicaid, New York State Unemployment Insurance, Social Security and Public Assistance for possible benefits.
5. Facilities processing of patients’ applications for third party benefits, including but not limited to Medicaid and Medicare.
6. Reviews and abstracts Medical charts to obtain pertinent information for accurately coding and completing third party billing forms, indicating treatment given, discharge diagnoses and overall patient information for computerization purposes.
7. Reviews patient account records to insure patients are properly billed; verifies and corrects patient bills and codes information for computerized system.
8. Verifies accuracy of patient information stored in computer and codes changes and modifications, as necessary.
9. Responds to complex inquiries from patients and third party payers and resolves disputes concerning bills submitted for payment.
10. Follows up on collections to insure maximization of revenue.
1. A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university; or
2. Graduation from a Senior High School or a High School Equivalency Diploma; and
3. Four (4) years of experience in interviewing, casework or a related field preferably in a hospital or health care facility setting; or
4. A satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Job Location Information:
City: New York
Location: New York, Ny
Date Posted: 2021-04-07
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you will agree that it is among the hardest jobs in this day and age. In most cases, you will have no clue the place or what to search for in the job market. The great thing is that you’re not on your own. There are a number of people out there who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center can also be easy if the place to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed below are tips that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an out of this world and commonly lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms repeatedly provide important training, assets, and methods for task seekers. Those firms may also be in particular helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little operating experience. A easy Web scan for job firms for your areashould uncover where and learn how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies make a choice to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal agencies. The top purpose for that is to save money on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give corporations the way in which of screening candidates. Employment services and products can commonly be a quicker and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise develop into into a long-lasting job for the people who perform neatly all through their operating.
3. Free job look services
It is a waste of cash when money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.