Hiring Organization / Company: Pursuit
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Pursuit is a social impact organization that creates economic transformation for high-need, high-potential individuals through our technical training programs. We are not just another coding boot camp. We are a mission-driven organization that goes beyond technical instruction to offer coaching, career development, and employer partnerships that help our Fellows secure high-paying software engineering jobs and thrive in their new careers.
We are One Big Team
The passionate and collaborative team at Pursuit gives its all to achieve our mission. And it's not just staff. We work with employer partners that love hiring our Fellows because they are so well prepared, ranging from big financial firms to scrappy startups, and everything in between. We also activate and engage hundreds of volunteers that come from all areas of the tech industry. These experts and professionals help keep our curriculum fresh and our standards for achievement high by participating in our admissions process, as well as program-specific activities such as interview training, DemoDays, Hackathons, and Capstone projects.
We are expanding our programs to reach even more individuals from low-income backgrounds, and we need more Instructors Associates to help train them. Our instructional staff play a vital role in Pursuit's mission by teaching our Fellows the technical skills necessary for their future as software engineers.
As an Instructional Associate you will:
- Partner with experienced instructors and, as a team, deliver technical curriculum, provide feedback to Fellows, and create a positive learning environment.
- Focus more on small group instruction, project assessment, and one-on-one coaching sessions as they grow into Instructor roles.
- Create a positive and professional learning environment, fostering a community that goes beyond the classroom.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the larger program team to track cohort progress.
- Empower Fellows to learn technology, and hopefully learn to love it, changing their life's professional trajectory.
What you need to be considered for an Instructional Associate role:
- 1-2 years experience in software development, technical instruction, OR you are a recent bootcamp graduate with some teaching assistant experience.
- Ability to coach and mentor with empathy, while holding Fellows accountable for their own development
Where you'll work:
- Virtually—must be located in the United States with valid work authorization to qualify.
When you'll work:
- 40 hours/week: Saturday & Sunday 10:00am - 6:00pm, Monday through Wednesday 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- Great culture where transparency, respect, teamwork, and kindness are valued
- Data-driven curriculum and teaching methods that we always strive to improve
- Excellent curriculum team that collaborates with instructors
- Full-time employment with a program structure designed to give Instructors much-needed time off in between cohorts—i.e. there's no need to re-sign contracts or worry when a new cohort will start
- Opportunities to grow your dev skills by creating and contributing to internal applications and tools
- Managers who are trained engineers and educators, who understand what technical instructors need to grow and thrive
- Competitive compensation in base, plus bonus, and a full benefits package
- Unlimited PTO and an all-Pursuit week-long holiday the last week of December
Job Location Information:
City: New York State
Location: New York State
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about looking for Jobs, you’ll agree that it is among the hardest jobs this present day. Typically, you will have no clue where or what to search for within the job market. The great factor is that you’re not alone. There are a couple of people out there who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a business center can also be easy if you already know where to start out. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed here are tips to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an incredible and regularly overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms recurrently provide vital coaching, belongings, and systems for process seekers. These corporations may also be specifically useful for young job seekers or the ones with little working experience. A easy Internet test for job firms to your areamust uncover where and how one can get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies make a selection to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The end function for that may be to economize on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give firms the way of screening candidates. Employment products and services can often be a faster and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn out to be into a long-lasting task for the individuals who carry out smartly right through their working.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of money while money is now tight within the first place. After all, the cash you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.