Hiring Organization / Company: Cover Genius
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Cover Genius is a Series C global Insurtech with a vision to protect all the customers of the world’s largest digital companies. Partners such as Booking.com, eBay, Shopee, Ola, Wayfair and AXS have integrated XCover, our insurance distribution platform that embeds protection for millions of worldwide customers each year.
Our team and products have been recognised with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times who ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 10 countries and many language groups commits itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
We’re looking for a multiple hat wearing, energetic person with skills in office administration and team support to help run Office operations at Cover Genius in New York and provide administrative support to the insurance team. You will be organizing office operations, procedures, systems, processes and events while acting as the face of our New York office to all internal and external stakeholders. This is a great opportunity for a people person to learn about multiple facets of an insuretech company entering into a period of tremendous growth and to grow with us!
What you will be doing
- Ensuring the smooth day to day operation of our New York office, inclusive of facilities, amenities, vendors, meeting rooms and building management requests
- Internal event coordination - coordinating venues, meetings and events
- Assist with onboarding and induction for all new employees
- Inbox and calendar management - coordinating venues, meetings and events for leadership
- Coordinating travel including flights, accommodation and visa requirements for team members
- Producing presentation materials, internal communication and other documentation (nice to have)
- Providing general administrative support to the New York team
- Being the first point of contact for all internal and external communications and inquiries
- Administrative duties including sorting and disseminating correspondence, including relating to visas, licensing, state-by-state reporting, etc.
- Assisting in claims administrative duties, including collecting documents and materials for assessment of claims team
- Assisting insurance product managers in collating materials for presentations
- The above list is not exhaustive and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company
- Fulfill other duties as required by management and other department personnel as requested/required.
What the ideal profile looks like
- Must have experience in office administration and management
- Experience in supporting teams
- Able to work autonomously but collaborate and ask for help when required
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Able to communicate clearly (written and verbal) with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Be process and outcome driven
- Proactive and solution focused
- Adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment
- Able to meet deadlines
- No task is too big or too small
- Comfortable with using various SaaS products and desktop applications such as G Suite
- A strong sense of initiative
- Resourceful and creative
- A people person with excellent communication skills
- Able to work in a fast paced workplace/company
- Remain calm under pressure
- Able to multitask and prioritize work
- Willing to roll up your sleeves
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. Some of the benefits we have are:
Flexible Work Environment - we are outcome focussed and understand that for our people to perform at their best flexibility is critical. With the recent impact of Covid we gave 15 days additional leave to all employees for when they need a break and some well-deserved downtime.
- Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
Unlimited leave. It's easier and more flexible for everyone.
- Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
Job Location Information:
City: New York
Location: New York, Ny
Date Posted: 2021-10-13
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about in search of Jobs, you are going to agree that it is one of the toughest jobs in this day and age. Usually, you’ll don’t have any clue the place or what to search for within the job market. The great factor is that you are not alone. There are a few other people in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a business center can be easy if you already know the place to start out. Before you start your job looking procedure, here are tips that can assist you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an implausible and commonly lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms commonly provide critical training, belongings, and techniques for job seekers. Those companies can also be in particular useful for young job seekers or the ones with little running enjoy. A easy Internet test for job firms to your areaought to discover where and methods to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations make a selection to have their positions dispatched through temporal companies. The tip goal for that is to economize on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give corporations the way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can recurrently be a sooner and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise turn into into an enduring task for the individuals who perform smartly all through their running.
3. Free job look services
This can be a waste of cash while cash is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.