Hiring Organization / Company: 1199seiu Family Of Funds
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
- Provide support to recruitment team by assisting applicants with Job Security Fund and Employment Center (JSF/EC) applications at the 1199SEIU Training and Employment Funds (TEF)
- Provide excellent customer service and answer heavy call volume, address question and route calls to appropriate staff or take messages
- Process incoming resumes and enter candidate information to ensure database is up-to-date
- Assist applicants with completing JSF/EC applications, assist with screening applicants for eligibility requirements and collecting appropriate documentation; verify information, make copies of documents, and administer tests
- Ensure accurate training eligibility information is communicated to candidates
- Schedule intake appointments and provide assistance at the reception area; answer calls and provide switchboard services
- Handle verification process and ensure JSF eligibility is confirmed
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or GED required: some college or degree preferred
- Minimum one (1) year administrative and customer service experience in an educational, healthcare, union, or human resources setting required
- Accurate data entry skills with 6,000 kph and 6% or less error rate required; basic skill level in Microsoft Word required and Excel preferred
- Excellent administrative, clerical and filing skills; detail oriented and organized
- Great interpersonal and communication skills; able to maintain a pleasant attitude to ensure excellent service to members and visitors
- Ability to occasionally work evenings and travel in the New York City area as needed
- Able to work well under pressure, multi-task, establish priorities
Job Location Information:
City: New York
Location: New York, Ny
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about looking for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is one of the toughest jobs these days. Generally, you are going to haven’t any clue where or what to look for in the job market. The good factor is that you’re not alone. There are a few other folks out there who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a industrial center may also be easy if you recognize where to begin. Before you begin your job searching procedure, here are guidelines that will help you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an unbelievable and frequently overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms usually provide important coaching, assets, and techniques for process seekers. Those corporations can also be particularly useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little operating revel in. A simple Web experiment for job firms in your areaought to discover where and learn how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms make a choice to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The top purpose for that may be to save money on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise provide companies the way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can regularly be a quicker and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise become into a long lasting task for the people who perform neatly throughout their running.
3. Free job look services and products
It is a waste of money while money is now tight in the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.