Hiring Organization / Company: Chromalloy
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company. For additional information, visit www.sequa.com.
- Metallurgical Technician Perform high quality routine metallurgical analyses, including operating and maintaining equipment, to meet customer expectations in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Under close supervision, assists metallurgical engineers in day-to-day operations involving metallurgy testing
- With appropriate training, perform required metallurgical evaluations to produce statutory MCL Reports
- Sample preparation and testing are daily components of this position
- Tests samples using various techniques which may include using optical microscope, and scanning electron microscopes, hardness testing equipment, oxidation, toughness or other properties of the metal
- Examines metal and alloy samples using various metallurgical tools and methods
- Perform lab and equipment maintenance and housekeeping, including periodic preventative maintenance as assigned
- Maintain a high level of quality and participate in ensuring a safe work environment
- Follow written Chromalloy procedures, applicable industry standards, and customer supplied specifications and methods to properly prepare metallurgical mounts
- Follow Chromalloy's quality procedures and maintain a high level of quality
- Provide adequate turnaround time to persons assigning work
- Maintain communication with coworkers and supervisors/managers
- Adapt to changing priorities and conflicting time demands as directed
- Provide reliable and timely support for the Metallurgy Dept and other departments as needed
- High School or Equivalent required
- Experience operating various metallographic machines such as automatic polishing equipment, metallographic sectioning saws, and mounting presses
- Knowledge of various measuring tools
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple duties and meet strict deadlines
- This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations
Chromalloy has big plans for the future, just like you. We recognize that it takes planning and hard work to get there. So we offer challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements. These additional items are required for the company to comply with various laws and regulatory rules.
Apply only for positions for which you are qualified. If your work experience, skills and background are incompatible with the requirements of the job, you will not be considered for it.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Chromalloy participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment, including harassment based on sexual orientation, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations (https://www.chromalloy.com/locations/).
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location Information:
Location: Orangeburg, Ny
Date Posted: 2021-11-25
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about searching for Jobs, you’ll agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs this present day. Generally, you are going to don’t have any clue the place or what to look for within the job market. The great thing is that you are not by yourself. There are several other folks in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a business center will also be easy if you already know the place to begin. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed below are tips to help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an out of this world and regularly overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms repeatedly supply essential training, assets, and programs for job seekers. These corporations can be specifically helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little operating experience. A easy Internet scan for job firms to your areashould discover the place and find out how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies make a selection to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal agencies. The top purpose for that is to save money on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise supply corporations the best way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can regularly be a sooner and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise develop into into an enduring activity for the people who perform well throughout their operating.
3. Free job look services and products
This can be a waste of money whilst cash is now tight within the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.