Hiring Organization / Company: Stony Brook Medicine
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Nursing Assistant I/II - Pediatric ICU/Pediatric Special Procedures - Full Time Evenings- 2100982
At Stony Brook Medicine, our Nursing Assistants are valuable members of our team, who provide empathic care to our patients, their families and visitors, with the highest degree of integrity and respect. Under the supervision of a RN, Nursing Assistants have frequent face-to-face communication with persons in care and their visitors for the purpose of conveying information on treatment procedures and visitors hours. They also attempt to encourage and support those persons who may be despondent or apprehensive.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, knowledge and understanding of patient care and effectively respond to changing patient needs by making decisions based on ethical principles and adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties of a Nursing Assistant may include the following but are not limited to:
- Change simple dressings as directed, give enemas, douches, and irrigations as directed.
- Apply hot water bottles, aqua K pads, ice bags, and coolers, and hot and cold compresses as directed.
- Chart and document care and/or behaviors as required.
- Take temperatures, pulse rates, blood pressure and respiration rate.
- Attend to daily living activities, personal, hygienic, and simple human needs in order to maintain in the clinical facility an atmosphere conducive to treatment and comfortable for persons in care.
- Feed persons requiring assistance in order to assure that such individuals receive appropriate nourishment.
- Bathe and dress, brush teeth and trim fingernails and toenails of persons in care.
- Maintain persons in care rights, dignity, and confidentiality.
- On occasion and in conjunction with providing care, may perform a variety of housekeeping and cleaning duties as related to direct care in order to assure that the clinical facility is clean, sanitary, orderly, and properly supplied.
NURSING ASSISTANT 1-Required
NURSING ASSISTANT 2-Required
Preferred: NYS Certified Nursing Assistant license or certification from an approved certified nursing aide training program, one year of patient care experience and a High School Diploma or GED.
Special Notes: Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Posting Overview: This position will remain posted until filled or for a maximum of 90 days. An initial review of all applicants will occur two weeks from the posting date. Candidates are advised on the application that for full consideration, applications must be received before the initial review date (which is within two weeks of the posting date).
If within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill the position posted, additional applications will be considered for the posted position; however, the posting will close once a finalist is identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial posting date. Please note, that if no candidate were identified and hired within 90 days from initial posting, the posting would close for review, and possibly reposted at a later date.
Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
- All Hospital positions maybe subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary.
- This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
- This function/position maybe designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services*
- Complete electronic reference check with a minimum of three (3) professional references.
- Successfully complete a 5 panel drug screen*
- Successfully complete a Background Check investigation.
- Provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s).
Failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
- The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
Job Location Information:
City: Stony Brook
Location: Stony Brook, Ny 11790
Date Posted: 2021-05-04
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you’ll agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs nowadays. Normally, you’re going to have no clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The great thing is that you are not alone. There are a couple of other people in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center can be easy if the place to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed below are pointers that can assist you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an implausible and frequently overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms repeatedly provide crucial coaching, belongings, and methods for task seekers. These companies can also be in particular helpful for younger job seekers or the ones with little working experience. A simple Web test for job firms in your areaought to uncover the place and how you can get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies select to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal agencies. The end goal for that may be to save money on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise provide firms the way in which of screening candidates. Employment services and products can regularly be a sooner and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn into into an enduring activity for the individuals who perform well all the way through their running.
3. Free job look products and services
It is a waste of cash whilst cash is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.