Hiring Organization / Company: Wsp
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
Be involved in projects with our PMCM Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client"s objectives and solves their challenges.
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Full Time Office Manager (Construction Contracts and related budgets background emphasis) for our Albany NY client field office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to New York State Office of General Services (OGS) Project Manager as directed
- Audit and process contracts, procurements, payments, claims and vouchers
- Approve and review contract payments to ensure that the payments are in accordance with contract terms
- Review contractor performance, including price adjustments, amendments, contract interpretation and contract compliance issues
- Review budget modifications and contract amendments to determine the impact on the contract and to ensure continued compliance with applicable regulations
- Provide technical assistance related to New York State's laws, rules, regulations and policies on contract administration to State agency staff, individuals, or organizations
- Tracking and monitoring purchases, target and expedite purchasing and contracting
- Provide support to other staff on processes and requirements, monitor contract compliance, participate in the development of contracts.
Who You Are
- High School Diploma
- Shall possess 3 years" experience as a secretary or office manager
- Experience construction planning, cost estimating, project scheduling, resource management (including labor, material, and equipment scheduling), and construction document reading and interpretation.
- Must have proficient knowledge of MS Office, Excel and Outlook programs
- Attend job meetings and prepare accurate minutes
- Draft correspondence for review
- Create simple calculating spreadsheets and print out reports as required.
- Must have excellent telephone skills and be able to implement office procedures.
- This individual should be able to draft letters with little direction, prepare specialized meeting agendas, create more complicated spreadsheets, use new software for office use programs and be able to create organization and flow charts in Visio.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- This hire will be contingent upon client selection and successful background check.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP"s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- This role is subject to a client mandated drug/alcohol testing policy. As such, employee may be subject to random drug/alcohol tests. A copy of the client mandated drug/alcohol testing policy will be provided during employee onboarding and is available upon applicant request.
- Bachelor's or Associates' degree.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Successful applicant must be able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their start date or prior to December 8, 2021, whichever is later, or be granted an exemption based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief. If you cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability or a sincerely-held religious belief, you may submit an accommodation request to WSP’s Equal Employment Opportunity Office. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html.
- Required Education: High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum Years Experience: 3 years
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: ALBANY - STATE ST
- All locations: US-NY-New York
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Job Location Information:
Location: Albany, Ny 12203
Date Posted: 2021-10-13
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about in search of Jobs, you’ll agree that it is one of the hardest jobs these days. Typically, you are going to don’t have any clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The good thing is that you are not alone. There are a number of other people in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center can also be easy if you know where to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed below are tips to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are an incredible and frequently overpassed hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms usually provide crucial training, belongings, and programs for task seekers. Those firms may also be particularly useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little working experience. A simple Web experiment for job firms on your areaought to uncover the place and tips on how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations make a choice to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal agencies. The tip function for that may be to economize on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise supply corporations the best way of screening applicants. Employment services can repeatedly be a quicker and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise turn into into a long-lasting job for the individuals who carry out well all over their working.
3. Free job look services and products
It is a waste of money whilst money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.