Hiring Organization / Company: Us Other Agencies And Independent Organizations
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
This is a Bargaining Unit position.
This is not a (drug) testing designated position (TDP).
This position is located in the Small Business Administration in the Office of Field Operations, New York Regional Office.
Duty Station: The incumbent may be duty stationed at the Syracuse District Office located in Syracuse, New York or the Albany Alternate Worksite located in Albany, New York.
The Outreach and Marketing Specialist will actively engage in the following duties:
- Building and maintaining a local network of collaborative partnerships: economic development practitioners in Federal, state, regional and local government, chambers of commerce, business and trade associations, financial institutions, educational institutions, and civic/community organizations.
- Representing the Small Business Administration (SBA) at a variety of public functions through outreach/presentations/trainings to educate the small business, lender and contracting community about SBA programs and services, and other small business-relevant topics.
- Participating in or leading projects to accomplish outreach events; collaborate with team members and other resources to ensure projects are successful.
- Conduct advising and training on SBA programs.
- Field technical representative responsible for compliance oversight of SBA district office customers.
- Developing partnerships through advising and counseling lenders.
- Assisting with lender compliance and providing technical oversight.
- Providing individual loan assistance.
- Local Market Duties: Public Information Officer (PIO) - Leverage media opportunities by collaborating with District and Regional staff to enhance relationships with the press.
75% or less - Required to travel extensively throughout the District, including frequent early morning, evening and occasional weekends and overnight travel. May be required to travel outside the District.
Job family (Series)
1101 General Business And Industry
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen
- You must successfully complete a background investigation.
- You may be required to serve a one-year probationary period.
QualificationsAt the GS-12: One year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal service) obtained in either the Public or Private sector, which includes:These qualifications MUST be clearly referenced in your resume.
- Developing marketing strategy for programs and services for growth and development of a customer base; AND
- Developing and delivering outreach, training, presentations, and education on a variety of business management, financial management or lending topics related to small business; AND
- Building and managing collaborative alliances and partnerships with a variety of business development partners.
TIME-IN-GRADE: If you are a current career or career-conditional federal employee applying for promotion under Merit Promotion you must have completed a minimum of 52 weeks in positions at the next level lower than the position being filled
Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions.
It is available for your review on OPM's Qualifications web site: OPM Qual Standard Series 1101
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) on 05/17/2021.
Education may not be substituted for experience at the GS-12 grade level.
Serves as an Outreach and Marketing Specialist to promote, develop, and maintain interest, understanding, and support of Small Business Administration programs and services.
Salary Range for Syracuse, New York: GS-12, step 1, $77,488 to GS-12, step 10, $100,739.
Salary Range for Albany, New York: GS-12, step 1, 78,778 to GS-12, step 10, $102,415.
SUITABILITY, CLEARANCE & REQUIREMENTS: A background investigation may be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
Reasonable Accommodation Requests: If you believe you have a disability (i.e., physical or mental), covered by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended and Americans with Disabilities Act 1990 as amended, that would interfere with completing the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, you will be granted the opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation in your online application. Requests for Reasonable Accommodations for the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments and appropriate supporting documentation for Reasonable Accommodation must be received prior to starting the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. Decisions on requests for Reasonable Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, after notification of the adjudication of your request, you will receive an email invitation to complete the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. You must complete all assessments within 48 hours of receiving the URL to access the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, if you received the link after the close of the announcement. To determine if you need a Reasonable Accommodation, please review the Procedures for Requesting a Reasonable Accommodation for Online Assessments here: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Reasonable_Accommodations_for_USA_Hire
Career and InterAgency Career Transition Assistance Programs: If you are applying for a special selection priority under SBA's Career Transition Assistance Plan (open to surplus SBA employees only) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (open to surplus and displaced Federal employees), you must:
- meet CTAP/ICTAP eligibility criteria;
- be rated well-qualified for the position with a rating of 85 or above based on the competencies listed below; and
- submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP/ICTAP eligibility. For more information: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/
Consistent with work requirements and current SBA Policy, and all applicable provisions of the collective bargaining agreement with AFGE the SBA offers employees opportunities to perform work at an alternative location (e.g. home).
Telework may be available. For information on Telework visit: http://www.telework.gov/
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement if additional vacancies occur within 180 days of the date the certificates were issued.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants meeting basic eligibility requirements will be further evaluated based on the information provided in the Occupational Questionnaire.
To PREVIEW this questionnaire, click on the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11103271.
You will be rated based on your responses to the occupational questionnaire.
The occupational questions relate to the following Competencies required to do the work of this position:
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Education and Training
- Interpersonal Skills
- Oral Communication
- Stress Tolerance
In order to be considered for this position, you must complete all required steps in the process. In addition to the application and application questionnaire, this position requires an online assessment. The online assessment measures critical general competencies required to perform the job.
All qualified Non Competitive applicants and the best qualified Merit Promotion applicants will be referred to the hiring manager for consideration.
Career and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Programs: If you are applying for a special selection priority under SBA's Career Transition Assistance Plan (open to surplus SBA employees only) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (open to surplus and displaced Federal employees). To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above based on the competencies listed above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP eligibility. For more information: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
Trust determination process
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date/time of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position. Please review your application prior to final submission and ensure you have submitted all appropriate documents. Uploading documents to USAJobs does NOT ensure inclusion with your application to our system. You must verify that the documents are in the system with your application prior to final submission.
1. Your Resume - must contain the following information:
- Name, address, telephone number, email address;
- Supervisor's contact information, if available (indicate if you would prefer to be notified before your supervisor is contacted);
- Job Title (if Federal Service, provide series and grade; if not in GS plan, provide GS equivalent grade);
- If qualifying based on related unpaid (e.g. volunteer service) experience, you must provide hours worked per week and beginning/ending dates (mm/dd/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy);
- If other than full time you must provide hours worked per week.
- An integral part of our selection process includes the completion of reference checks. Please provide the names and telephone numbers of three professional references (e.g., current and/or former supervisors, college or university professors, managers or coordinators of volunteer activities, etc.) who know your qualifications relative to this position and who we can contact to verify your credentials. Do not list personal friends or relatives.
- PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates (mm/dd/yyyy - mm/dd/yyyy) of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
- Should you submit multiple resumes, only the latest uploaded resume will be reviewed.
3. In addition to the online application (resume and responses to the occupational questionnaire), you are required to submit the following forms, if applicable. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all documents are legible:
- Federal employees must submit proof of your permanent career/career-conditional competitive status ("1" or "2" in Tenure, block 24 and "1" in Position Occupied, block 34). Submit SF-50 showing current grade and tenure and an SF-50 showing highest (permanent) grade ever held, if different. NOTE: An award or detail SF-50 will not be accepted as proof of status.
- If you are using education as a substitution for experience (the announcement will state whether this is allowed), or if there is an educational requirement for this position, you must submit a copy of your transcripts (unofficial or official) that clearly describes your qualifying education. If selected, official transcripts will be required;
- If you are claiming Veteran status, you must submit a copy of all required documents to support your claim (including a DD-214 showing character of service)-see VetGuide;
- To receive consideration for a special appointment authority (30%, severely disabled, Peace Corps, ICTAP, VRA), you must submit all required documentation supporting your claim for Special Appointing Authorities;
- Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD-214 (showing the character of service) or other proof of service to receive consideration for veterans' preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit FedsHireVets.gov.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
Federal employees - Competitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
Individuals with disabilities
Land & base management
Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.
Peace Corps & AmeriCorps Vista
Job Location Information:
Location: Albany, Ny
Date Posted: 2021-05-04
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about looking for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is one of the hardest jobs this present day. Generally, you’re going to haven’t any clue where or what to look for within the job market. The great factor is that you are not on your own. There are a number of folks available in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a commercial center can be easy if you already know where to start. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed here are pointers that can assist you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are a fantastic and commonly lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms recurrently supply vital training, property, and programs for task seekers. Those corporations will also be in particular useful for younger job seekers or those with little working revel in. A easy Internet experiment for job firms to your areashould discover the place and tips on how to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations make a selection to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal agencies. The top purpose for that may be to save money on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise provide firms the best way of screening candidates. Employment services and products can recurrently be a quicker and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise become into a long-lasting process for the people who carry out smartly during their running.
3. Free job look services
It is a waste of money whilst cash is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.