Hiring Organization / Company: Nyc Health + Hospitals
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
About NYC Health + Hospitals
Queens Hospital Center is making good on its promise to the people of southeastern and central Queens to maximize both patient convenience and positive clinical outcomes. Residents of Queens can count on the delivery of quality medical care right in their own borough. In 2002 the hospital opened a state-of-the-art, 261-bed facility that includes the Queens Cancer Center, the first comprehensive cancer treatment center in the borough.
1. Checks vital signs, weighs and measures patients, obtains specimens and records findings on patient’s chart.
2. Instructs patients on how to obtain specimens for laboratory testing and performs basic specimen screening testing through dipstick and hemocult.
3. Prepares collected specimens for pick-up by labeling and preparing required form(s). Picks-up lab results.
4. Performs vision and hearing testing and simple urinalysis.
5. Administers emergency first aid, including basic life support procedures.
6. Performs simple first aid such as dressing changes, bandaging and cleansing of wounds, irrigation and cleansing of ears.
7. Prepares patient for examination and assists medical provider during examination by providing necessary supplies/equipment.
8. Prepares examining room for examination including cleaning and sterilizing instruments and equipment.
9. Informs patients on proper preparation for various medical testing.
10. Conducts interview of client to obtain routine personal and medical information and appropriate health history.
11. Maintains, completes, processes and files patients’ charts, appropriate forms and documents.
12. Reports observations of patient to medical staff caring for patient to ensure professional assessment.
13. Answers routine inquiries of patients in person or via telephone and makes appropriate referrals.
14. Participates in informing patients and their families of health care services and achieving healthful, safe living.
15. Maintains inventory of the unit’s equipment stock and supplies.
16. Works effectively as a team member in the delivery of care and assists in the orientation of new employees.
17. Directs and escorts patients to other hospital departments and/or facilities, as needed.
18. Coordinates efforts of various clinic and facility departments in scheduling and rebooking appointments through manual and/or automated systems and enters
pertinent patient information into hospital data systems.
19. Obtains blood specimens for laboratory testing by performing venipuncture and/or fingerstick testing.
20. Operates electrocardiograph equipment to record electrical wave tracing of the electrical currents of the heart muscle
1. A four-year High School Diploma or its educational equivalent; and,
2. Successful completion of a NYS Department of Health prescribed training program for Phlebotomy, satisfactory to the Laboratory Director and appropriate to the workload of the facility; and,
3. Completion of a facility-based training program in the performance of electrocardiographs and basic life support procedures including certification in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation.
Note: Effective January 1, 2015, employees performing central service functions, while serving in the Group 12 title of Patient Care Associate (988010), must either possess valid certification as a Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) issued by the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management or as a Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician (CSPDT) issued by the Certifying Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution, or be grandfathered. Grandfathering requires that employees provide evidence that they have been employed in a healthcare facility for a cumulative period of one (1) year occurring between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2014 and that they have competently performed central service functions during the course of their qualifying experience and will continue to be able to competently perform such functions during the course of their employment at HHC. In addition, these employees will be required to annually complete ten (10) hours of continuing education credits in order to remain qualified to perform central service functions at an HHC facility.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online at employment.nychhc.org.
Job Location Information:
City: New York
Location: New York, Ny
Date Posted: 2021-04-07
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you will agree that it is one of the hardest jobs nowadays. Generally, you will don’t have any clue where or what to look for in the job market. The good factor is that you’re not by yourself. There are a few other folks available in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center will also be easy if you know the place to start. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed here are guidelines that will help you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are a fantastic and usually overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms often supply critical coaching, property, and programs for activity seekers. Those corporations may also be particularly helpful for young job seekers or those with little operating enjoy. A simple Web test for job firms in your areamust discover the place and methods to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations make a selection to have their positions dispatched through temporal companies. The top goal for that may be to save cash on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise give firms the way in which of screening candidates. Employment services and products can usually be a quicker and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise transform into an enduring task for the people who perform well right through their running.
3. Free job look services and products
This can be a waste of money when cash is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.