Hiring Organization / Company: Nyu Langone
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Patient Support Technician- Kimmel 4 OR- Day Shift (37.5 hours).
In this role, the successful candidate Assists the professional staff in the care of patients and families by completing assigned patient care tasks; provides competent, safe, and compassionate care with emphasis on an understanding of the challenges faced by hospitalization, undergoing procedures or diagnostic tests; provides support to the unit in the maintenance and safety of supplies, equipment and the environment; demonstrates NYULMC Core Values in all aspects of job performance
- Ensures that necessary equipment and supplies are present in the operating rooms and on the unit. Gives direct assistance to all health care surgical team members.
- Demonstrates respect for patient confidentiality, privacy, dignity, and rights.
- Demonstrates accountability for supplies, equipment, and environmental support.
- Recognizes own limitations and requests assistance when needed.
- Seeks learning resources for identified learning needs.
- Participates in unit meetings.
- Participates in the orientation process of new staff and gives guidance to team members unfamiliar with equipment.
- Completes annual mandatory competency checklists.
- Utilizes specialized skills and safety when carrying out specific tasks of patient care as assigned.
- Demonstrates understanding of infection prevention and control standards. Demonstrates understanding and knowledge of sterile technique. Demonstrates an awareness of the needs and behaviors of specific patient age groups and different cultures.
- Assists in maintaining safety and comfort needs of patients and families. Assists with admission, transfer and discharge procedures per unit / service operations. Assists in supporting unit activities as requested. Assists in emergency situations as directed.
- Completes delegated responsibilities as directed by the nursing staff. Provides assistance to patients in the activities as applicable. Verbally and non-verbally communicates responsiveness and support to patients, families, and other staff. Completes activities as assigned.
- Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
- Uses a clear, caring and respectful communication style with patients and families, nurses and other members of the health care team.
- Responds to requests for specific tasks as delegated by any registered professional nurse.
- Maintains cleanliness of the patient care unit as appropriate to position. (i.e., instrument room, sterile supply room, warmers, equipment rooms, clearing of hallways, OR suite)
To qualify you must have a High School diploma or equivalent required. Working knowledge of English is evident in verbal, reading and writing abilities, other language an asset; demonstrates ability in computer skills; demonstrates ability in sterile techniques and equipment readiness. Demonstrates physical stamina, manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity to perform responsibilities. Upon hire or entry into the position, must hold a certificate of training as an OR Assistant from an accredited institution.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Job Location Information:
City: New York
Location: New York, Ny
Date Posted: 2021-11-25
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs in this day and age. Generally, you’re going to have no clue the place or what to search for within the job market. The great thing is that you are not by yourself. There are several other people available in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a industrial center can be simple if you realize the place to start. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed here are pointers to help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an implausible and commonly lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms frequently supply important training, assets, and programs for process seekers. These corporations can also be specifically useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little operating revel in. A simple Web experiment for job firms on your areamust discover the place and how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms choose to have their positions dispatched through temporal companies. The tip purpose for that may be to save money on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise give companies the best way of screening applicants. Employment services can repeatedly be a sooner and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise grow to be into a long lasting process for the individuals who carry out well all over their operating.
3. Free job look services
This is a waste of cash whilst cash is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.