Hiring Organization / Company: Gap Inc.
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a warehouse team member, you’ll facilitate the flow of merchandise through our distribution centers to deliver on the highest-growth area of our business at one of the world’s largest specialty retailers.
At Gap Inc., things are changing daily, but one thing that won’t is our commitment to the safety and comfort of our teams and customers. We’re actively engaged in the health and safety needs of our employees and have increased the frequency of regularly scheduled cleanings and sanitization efforts. We’re also providing masks for all team members, practicing safe social distancing, encouraging frequent hand washing and advising employees not to
come to work if they are ill.
Benefits include: Best-in-class health and safety standards, a climate-controlled environment, weekly pay and a generous merchandise discount for our brands.
Things to keep in mind: The physical climate varies, and hot and cold extremes may be experienced, specific functions may
require protective equipment. Please note, our distribution centers maintain a drug and alcohol-free work environment.
What you'll do
- Perform ticketing, stocking, picking, packing, counting, housekeeping and safety functions including receiving, quality audits, system updates, locating merchandise, completing orders and sending to shipping.
- Load and unload cartons.
- Perform data entry through computer terminals or Remote Data Terminals (RDT).
- Operate motorized material handling equipment as required based on facility requirements.
- Support best-in-class safety standards.
- Collaborate with team members in support of process improvements and cost reductions.
Who you are
- Must be able to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to make accurate and efficient inventory counts and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Able to maintain a positive, professional and constructive tone with team members and management.
- Understand and be able to learn industry-specific technology.
- Must be licensed prior to operating motorized material handling equipment.
- Must be able to read and write in English and understand oral and written instruction.
- Ability stand for long periods of time, walk continuously and lift, carry, push, pull, reach, grasp, bend and stack cartons for up to 12 hours at a time and up to 50 lbs.
- Maintain a schedule of 8 hours per shift; overtime schedules vary and may reach up to 12 hours per shift.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta
- Telehealth: Live on-demand video visits with a physician 24/7
- Access to specially negotiated discounted rates for Vision and Dental care
- Safe & Clean Environment
- Incentive Based Pay
- Climate Controlled Environment
- Opportunity to convert to Full Time
- Weekly Pay
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Job Location Information:
Location: Fishkill, Ny 12524
Date Posted: 2021-05-04
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately searching for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is among the hardest jobs these days. Normally, you’re going to have no clue where or what to look for in the job market. The great thing is that you’re not alone. There are a couple of other people out there who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a business center can also be simple if you recognize the place to start. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed here are guidelines that can assist you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an unbelievable and usually overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms recurrently provide essential training, property, and techniques for task seekers. These companies can also be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or those with little running experience. A simple Internet test for job firms for your areashould uncover the place and how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms make a choice to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal agencies. The end objective for that is to save cash on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise supply firms the way in which of screening candidates. Employment products and services can frequently be a quicker and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise become into a long-lasting activity for the people who perform neatly right through their running.
3. Free job look services and products
It is a waste of cash while cash is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.