Hiring Organization / Company: Consolidated Edison Company Of New York, Inc.
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company's mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities - safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- At Con Edison we have and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Committed to fostering a Zero Accident Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence, Developing an effective Cost Management Culture and providing a +1 Customer Experience.
- Ensure that Human Performance Improvement (HPI) tools are incorporated into daily work activities.
- Review information on all major company incidents and make accurate and timely notifications to applicable regulatory/public agencies and company personnel. Regulatory/public agencies include the Department of Public Service, NERC, DOE, and NYC Emergency Management and company personnel include all levels of management, including company executives. The Specialist must remain aware of incidents throughout the service territory and ensure proper judgement in analyzing impacts to the system, the public, media involvement, or other company assets that may require further updates to outside agencies and company personnel. The Specialist must be capable of not only analyzing the data and facts presented, but also able to seek out additional details that may need further explanation.
- Test, maintain, and utilize ARCOS and Central Information Dashboard communication systems used to make notifications.
- Compile and maintain the 24 hour and Daily reports published by System Operation. This requires being aware of and tracking system events, status of generating units, weather forecasts, and system load information.
- Control and test radio and communications equipment utilized by the group, including the Channel 6 radio. Maintain appropriate logs.
- Create and maintain logs of activity on the desk including company incidents, daily equipment tests, weather reports, etc.
- Update and revise procedures.
- Speak with regulators and company personnel to provide incident information and updates.
- Be prepared to staff the desk during corporate and other emergencies.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Communications, Management, Business or related field And with 3 years of relevant experience in fast pace environment
- Associate's Degree And with 4 years of relevant experience in fast pace environment
- High School Diploma/GED And with 5 years of relevant experience in fast pace environment
- Bachelor's Degree
Required Work Experience
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's (FERC) Standards of Conduct compliance procedures and must have completed their FERC training. Required
- Must possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills Required
- Must possess general computer skills and be proficient in the use Microsoft office Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Position requires periods of manning a fixed post and sitting for long periods of time
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed
Technical Difficulty Statement
For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual's actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.
Job Location Information:
City: New York
Location: New York, Ny 10023
Date Posted: 2021-11-25
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs these days. Normally, you are going to don’t have any clue where or what to search for within the job market. The good thing is that you are not by yourself. There are several people available in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a business center can be easy if you understand the place to begin. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed here are guidelines that can assist you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an incredible and frequently overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms repeatedly supply essential training, assets, and systems for task seekers. Those companies can also be in particular helpful for younger job seekers or the ones with little working experience. A simple Web test for job firms in your areashould discover the place and the best way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms make a choice to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The tip purpose for that may be to economize on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise supply firms the way in which of screening applicants. Employment services can frequently be a sooner and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise grow to be into a long-lasting activity for the people who carry out smartly right through their running.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of money while money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.