Hiring Organization / Company: Frito-lay North America
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Frito-Lay Warehouse/Material Handlers are responsible for a variety of warehouse duties. A key component of PepsiCo's success, Frito-Lay has been making the very best snacks for over 80 years. Classic Lay's(r), Cheetos(r), and Doritos(r) are just a few of the products that you would help us produce in one of our manufacturing facilities. Although you will start out working for Frito-Lay, this job can open the door to career opportunities with our parent company, PepsiCo.
We are open 24 hours a day, which means you may not have a typical schedule. As a Full-Time team member, you would work between 40 and 50 hours per week and be eligible to receive full company benefits including health insurance, dental and vision, retirement savings benefits including 401(k) with company contribution, vacation days and much more. Full-Time work schedules may include overtime hours. Part-Time positions may be flexible, averaging between 20 and 25 hours per week.
It's a physical job! If you have never worked in a warehouse environment before, you should understand that you will be on your feet for 90% - 95% of your shift. It also gets loud and the Frito-Lay manufacturing facilities are large. While we want everyone to feel comfortable, our ability to control the temperature in our warehouses is limited. Indoor warehouse working conditions are impacted by seasons and the weather.
Here is a list of some of the more frequent tasks you could expect to perform during the course of the workday:
- Load and unload pallets and individual cases to and from trailers, as well as collect empty pallet boards and carry them to storage
- Pick appropriate cases according to order using required technology
- Safely operate a forklift after we provide you training and you obtain certification
- Load trailers via carts or stack cases on the floor of a truck trailer
- Receive and distribute product and assist in weekly product inventory
- General housekeeping and specific sanitation tasks as required (e.g. you may be asked to sweep the floor, help clean a trailer, take out the trash, etc.)
- Lift objects that weigh anywhere between 15 pounds and 50 pounds (i.e. anything from a bowling ball to a twin-size mattress) with or without a reasonable accommodation
The Frito-Lay Warehouse team comes to us with a wide variety of experiences, usually after honing their skills with prior success in warehouses but also other fast-paced environments. While prior knowledge is always a plus, we are happy to provide thorough training on OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), FDA (Food and Drug Administration), and FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) regulations.
Whether you are experienced or not, please be sure that you meet the following minimum requirements prior to starting your application:
- You are 18 years of age or older
- You will be required to work on weekends, holidays as well as off shift
- You can lift 15 to 50 pounds with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to stand and walk for extended periods of time with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and handle products with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are willing and able to work at heights using ladders or lifts to access areas of the plant)
- You are willing and able to work in an environment that has extreme temperatures, humidity, hazardous/loud equipment, and slippery surfaces
For our top performers, we further invest in you by offering training in the safe operation of a forklift.
People often ask what kind of characteristics will make them successful in this position. At a minimum, we expect you to show up because we track attendance closely.
Do you think you have what it takes to perform at our level? Here is an idea of what our managers are looking for:
- Communication: you will interact with coordinators, peers, managers, and team leads about issues, downtime and breaks because communication is essential for a successful day.
- Flexibility: we look out for one another on the warehouse floor by being flexible when we must tackle production schedule changes, environmental changes, and sudden work schedule changes.
- Tech Savvy: Frito-Lay is an industry leader when it comes to smart automated technology and tracking production and inventory. Being comfortable learning new technology will help you thrive in our performance based culture.
- Work Ethic: we expect you to go "above and beyond" on your assigned job tasks. We closely track performance and efficiency throughout work shifts. This includes volunteering for additional assignments not directly related to your specific job role because your performance helps the team achieve overall performance goals.
- Teamwork: we are dependable and accountable to one another because of our shared passion to attain targets and goals. Offering help to others without being asked to do so is expected at Frito-Lay.
- Attention to Detail: you make a conscious effort to pay attention to the task at hand, accurately read product codes and labels and correctly pick & load the correct quantity of products for shipment.
- Safety Focus: we wear safety equipment, follow current good manufacturing practices (CGMPs), perform proper forklift inspections and follow forklift operating guidelines and procedures, and communicate safety issues and concerns. We believe that safety is everyone's responsibility.
Does this sound like you? Join nearly 55,000 other Frito-Lay associates across the country that work hard to bring you the snacks you love by submitting your application today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement.
Job Location Information:
Location: Binghamton, Ny 13904
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about searching for Jobs, you will agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs at the moment. Normally, you will haven’t any clue where or what to look for within the job market. The good thing is that you are not by yourself. There are a few folks available in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a commercial center may also be simple if you already know where to start. Before you begin your job looking procedure, here are tips that can assist you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are an improbable and often lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms recurrently supply essential coaching, assets, and systems for activity seekers. Those corporations may also be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or the ones with little working enjoy. A simple Web experiment for job firms in your areashould discover the place and find out how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies make a selection to have their positions dispatched via temporal companies. The top function for that may be to save cash on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise give companies the way of screening candidates. Employment services and products can regularly be a sooner and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise change into into a long-lasting process for the people who carry out well all through their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of cash whilst cash is now tight in the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.