Hiring Organization / Company: Interstate Batteries
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Purpose of Job:
Provide a well -stocked and organized warehouse and assist Route Sales Managers.
- Load and unload batteries
- Restock batteries
- Charge, clean, date and rewrap rotations
- Charge, test, clean, and date adjustment batteries
- Maintain a safe and clean warehouse environment
- Accurately maintain warehouse reporting and claims
- Operate a forklift and maintain a current certification
- Run the Hot Shots on a timely basis as needed
- Minimum 1 year warehouse experience preferred
- Class B CDL required
- Written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills and able to work under pressure
- Knowledge of carrier operations, shipment routing and distribution methods
- Knowledge of state, federal and interstate commerce regulations
- Understanding of hazardous shipping laws and requirements
- Current, valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles.
- Regularly required to use hands to grasp or handle, talk and hear, stand and walk.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move 70+ lbs.
- Exposed to battery warehouse conditions such as exposure to moving equipment mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- warehouse/driving: 2 years (Required)
- Class B CDL (Required)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Job Location Information:
Location: Corning, Ny 14830
Date Posted: 2021-04-07
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you will agree that it is one of the hardest jobs in this day and age. Most often, you are going to haven’t any clue where or what to look for within the job market. The great thing is that you are not on your own. There are a couple of people out there who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a commercial center will also be simple if the place to begin. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed here are guidelines that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an out of this world and repeatedly overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms recurrently provide vital training, belongings, and methods for task seekers. These firms can be in particular useful for younger job seekers or those with little operating revel in. A simple Web test for job firms on your areashould uncover the place and the right way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms make a choice to have their positions dispatched via temporal agencies. The top goal for that may be to save cash on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise supply companies the way of screening applicants. Employment services can recurrently be a faster and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise change into into a long lasting process for the people who carry out smartly all through their running.
3. Free job look services
This can be a waste of cash while money is now tight within the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.